Cheese mousse and chocolate in a jar
Do you want to impress, receive a lot of compliments and even admiration?
Then make this dessert – it’s amazing! The taste is wonderful and it’s so easy to prepare, but don’t tell people – let them think you worked really hard. The cheese mousse is really delicious and combined with the finely crumbed biscuit base, there’s fun in every bite. This dessert is really worthwhile and it’s so simple that you just have to make it.
1 packet cheese flavoured Osem dessert cup mix
240ml heavy cream
1 cup milk
4 heaped tablespoons of cream cheese
100g (1/2 cup) sugar
50g dark chocolate
70g heavy cream
To add to the biscuits from the Osem packet
70g melted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. To make the white mousse layer – in a mixer, put the heavy cream, instant cheese pudding from the Osem packet, milk sugar and cheese, and whisk into a mousse.
2. To make the biscuit layer – mix the biscuits from the Osem packet, melted butter and brown sugar. You can do this with a spoon.
3. Fill the icing bag from the Osem packet with the cheese mousse and fill up to a third of each jar. With a teaspoon, sprinkle some of the biscuit mix on top.
4. Add another layer of cheese mousse, filling the jars almost to the top, and freeze for one hour.
5. To make the chocolate layer – melt together the chocolate and heavy cream and use a teaspoon to put a bit onto each portion of cheese mousse.
6. Finish with a sprinkling of biscuit mix.
7. Chill for around an hour before serving.
This can be prepared a few days before the festival and frozen, so there’s no need to be under pressure at the last minute.
If you don’t like chocolate, leave out the chocolate layer.