Dairy free chocolate chip bars
Amazing oil-based squares that come out great. A real treat for the kids! These only take 10 minutes to prepare and the oven does the rest. Soft golden squares packed with chocolate chips. Imagine how amazing these taste and now go and make them!
2 large eggs
150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup demerara sugar
180 ml oil (3/4 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp instant vanilla pudding powder mix
280 grams flour (2 cups)
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Use the whipping (balloon) attachment of a mixer and beat the eggs and sugar together for around two minutes. Stop and add the oil and mix for another minute.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, switch the attachment to a paddle and add the dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
3. Wet your hands and press the dough onto a baking sheet. Take a rolling pin, dampen it a bit and flatten the dough to an 18 x 29 cm rectangle.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to a baking tray and adjust so it fits snugly and nicely.
5. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Bake for around 30 minutes until nice and golden.
*7. Let cool and then cut into squares.