This pizza is one of the best pizzas that I have ever made. The dough is very comfortable to work with. The bonus is that this great pizza takes only a few minutes to prepare. Easy preparation and you have a wonderful pizza for the whole family.
I love pizza and so do my kids, so this recipe is a real treat for us all.
Imagine delicious aromas, bubbling cheese, soft golden dough and your favorite toppings. Now go and make at least two of these pizzas because one is never enough!
There’s nothing like homemade pizza!
490 grams flour (3.5 cups)
1 tsp dry yeast
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 level Tbsp salt
240 ml warm water (1 cup)
Click here for a great pizza sauce
For a simple tomato sauce:
200 grams tomato paste
1 large onion, chopped and sautéed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch of sugar
Ground black pepper
I give several options for making the pizza. Use whichever suits you best.
Making the pizza on an upside down baking tray (this is the closest thing to a pizza tray and the most readily available, of course)
1. Place an oven baking tray upside down in the oven and preheat for 20 minutes at 200°C.
2. Mix the flour, yeast and sugar, add salt and the other ingredients, work into a dough and knead well for a few minutes in a mixer. Remove the dough from the bowl of the mixer and knead manually for another minute and let the dough rest for around 20 minutes.
3. Roll it out on a piece of baking paper, spread with tomato sauce and sprinkle toppings. Place on the preheated baking tray.
4. Here are two good options: Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven to bake until the crust is golden. Or first place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 15 minutes. The crust gets golden and the cheese melts nicely.
I do both depending on what I feel like doing at the time.
5. If you can’t be bothered with the upside down tray, make it on a regular tray.
*6. Preparing on a 32 cm round pizza tray:
Preheat an oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Make the dough according to the instructions above.
Divide the dough into two parts and roll each into a 32 cm diameter circle. Grease the pan and carefully place the dough on the tray.
Spread 4 tablespoons of the tomato sauce over the entire surface of the dough.
Sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese. Mozzarella is classic for pizza. Add toppings of your choice. Why cheese first? No reason. I like to see the toppings but you can do whatever your heart desires.
Place in an oven for 25 minutes or until the edges of the dough look golden. Cut into slices and run to make another one because one is never enough!