Sometimes you want to impress by serving the rice more elegantly. The result is very tasty and aesthetic: the combination of colors, the white and the orange is beautiful.
2 cups rice
1 chopped onion
2 carrots cut into small cubes
100 gr. pumpkin
3 cups water
Diced black pepper
2 flat tsp. salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup light raisins
1 tsp. oil
1. Fry the onion, add the carrots, fry some more and add the pumpkin and fry until they’re a bit softer.
2. Add the rice, the water, season, bring the water to a boil and then lower the heat, Cover the pot and cook for 18 minutes.
3. let the rice just sit for 10 minutes.
3. Poach raisins in hot water for two minutes, roast almonds in hot pan with 1 tsp oil and with the raisins.
4. Serve in nice plate and sprinkle almonds and raisins on top