This is a beautiful dish with a variety of colors that complete each other. There is no frying since the oven does all the work. This dish can be made with many kinds of vegetables; if you don’t like a certain vegetable, there are always others to bake instead. The seasoning is minimal and it is healthy and delicious.
6 – 7 servings
1 long eggplant
2-3 red peppers cut in half
2 long sweet potatoes
1 red onion cut into thick slices
2 garlic heads
10-15 cherry Tomatoes
2 dark green Zucchini
1. Preheat heat the oven to 220°C.
2. Cut up the vegetables into thick slices. Cut the eggplants into thin long stripes.
3. Create a small bowl made of aluminum foil for the tomatoes sprinkled with olive oil and coarse salt.
Put the garlic heads in another piece of aluminum foil and sprinkle with oil and coarse salt.
4. Arrange the vegetables in rows and season in the same way plus Thyme.
5. Put the eggplants in a different pan covered by oiled baking paper and seasoned with coarse salt and olive oil. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
6. Put into the oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
7. The peppers that come out of the oven have to be put into a nylon bag, kept for half an hour and peeled.
8. Put in a nice serving plate, arrange in rows and add the tomatoes and the garlic heads.
9. Once the plate is ready, take a slice of white bread and wipe the juice left by the tomatoes. It feels like Heaven! So simple and so good!