Apple and honey muffins
Apples and cinnamon are one of the tastiest combinations there is, and when you add honey it’s absolutely divine. This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve made, and you don’t even need to use any fancy appliances. Mix everything with a spoon, fill the muffin cups and that’s all there is to it!
Only 5 minutes of preparation and you get amazing muffins.
Makes 12 muffins
3 large apples
1 tsp sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup oil
150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp honey
180 grams self-raising flour (1 cup + 4 Tbsp)
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Add a tsp of sugar to the apples and mix until the sugar coats the apple pieces.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the honey and cinnamon, then the apples, and lastly the flour and mix until well combined.
4. Grease a muffin tray and fill each 3/4 full with the apple batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are set and golden.
Good to know…
Extremely easy and tasty muffins that don’t require a mixer. You can prepare everything manually. You can use whatever apples you have at home, and even make these up to two days in advance and keep in the fridge.
You can use maple syrup or silan instead of the honey, or even leave it out altogether.