Apple cake recipe
This is the most popular apple cake on the site and I personally think it’s the best cake on the site. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and then into the oven it goes. No need for fancy equipment or mixers, super easy.
If you make it once, you’ll keep making it over and over again.
The cake is really addictive; you’re going to love it!
One 24 cm cake pan or two English cake pans
4 large apples
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
2 heaped Tbsp light brown sugar (demerara)
280 grams self-raising flour (2 cups)
240 ml oil (cup)
1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Peel and chop the apples. Place in a bowl. Add the brown sugar and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, use a fork to beat the eggs and sugar together for a few seconds, then add the apples, oil, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix with a spoon until well incorporated.
4. Don’t worry if it’s a bit hard to mix. You can also transfer the batter to the bowl of a mixer and mix on low speed.
5. Pour the batter evenly into a greased pan.
*6. Put it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake has set and is golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.