Baked chicken and rice recipe
This is the ultimate home-cooked comfort food.
An entire baking tray of chicken, rice, and vegetables, all baked together. I don’t precook or presoak the rice, everything goes into the oven as is, and an hour later I have a wonderful meal on the table.
Only 10 minutes of prep time and the oven does the rest.
This makes a great family lunch or dinner. Easy and delicious, everyone will love it!
Makes 6 servings
For the marinade:
1 Tbsp Moroccan paprika
1 tsp minced garlic
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp rotisserie chicken spice
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
2 cups rice
1 tsp salt
3 cups boiling water
1. Season the chicken with the olive oil and spices and marinate for around half an hour to an hour.
2. Dice the vegetables. Heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté the carrots for around 2 minutes. Add the onion and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Preheat an oven to 200°C.
4. Place the vegetables on a baking tray and sprinkle the rice + 1 tsp salt over top. Then place the chicken, piece by piece overtop, making sure they are nice and snug. Add the boiling water and drizzle the remaining marinade over top. Cover with tin foil.
5. Bake for an hour, remove from the oven and leave covered for another 15-20 minutes.
Good to know…
One hour was enough in my oven but you may want to add another 20 minutes. You can make this a day beforehand. You can marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge. You can prepare without the carrot, just add more onion. If you don’t have rotisserie spice, add 1/2 tsp of turmeric.