Baked chicken thigh and rice recipe
There are a lot of recipes I love but not a lot I get truly excited about.
This recipe is so delicious and has the added benefit of being cooked in one dish. No need to precook either the chicken or the rice.
No extra dirty dishes, and the result is amazing! The rice here is magical and it pairs so well with the chicken.
A perfect recipe for busy moms who want a meal that everyone will love on the table in an hour.
Makes 4 servings
800 grams boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
For the marinade:
1 Tbsp sweet Moroccan paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
5 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
1/3 tsp ground black pepper
Salt (if necessary, to taste)
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups boiling water
1 medium onion
15 champignon mushrooms
2 tsp salt
1. Season the chicken and let marinade for around an hour.
2. Finely dice the onion and the mushrooms. Heat 2 of oil and in a pan and add the onion, sautéing until golden. Add the mushrooms and sauté together for around two minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
4. Place the rice on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, add the mushrooms and onions and then sprinkle the chicken over top. Add the boiling water, cover, and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 50 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave covered for another 15 minutes.