Baked potatoes and mushrooms
I absolutely love this recipe. Baked potatoes are the ultimate side dish to any meal as far as I’m concerned. They get great color in the oven and are so easy to make,
5 minutes is all it takes, and the oven does the rest. Who says you have to work hard for good food?
Makes 4 servings
1 kg potatoes (7-8 potatoes)
15 champignon mushrooms
1 large onion
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
Salt (if needed, to taste)
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the potatoes into thick wedges. Heat a pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 3-4 minutes and drain. Add the olive oil and spices to the potatoes and mix well.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the potatoes in one layer. Bake for 40 minutes until golden.
4. Cut the onion in half and slice thinly. Place 3 Tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté the onion until golden. Roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the onion to sauté for two minutes, then remove from the heat.
5. Gently mix with the potatoes and serve.
What are we serving with this? schnitzel and tomato soup