Baked Tortilla with Ground Beef
You don’t have to take my word for how tasty this is. Make it yourself and you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about!
Such an easy lunch or supper and you’ll see how excited everyone gets when you serve it.
I love making fun meals for the kids because the more effort I make the better they eat and every mother knows how satisfying it is to see her kiddos eating with gusto.
Adults will also love these. I recommend serving this with a good soup and nice vegetable salad, and most importantly, double amounts!
5 large tortillas
350 grams ground beef
1 clove of garlic
1/3 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp rotisserie chicken spice
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel the potato and add to the pot, cooking until soft. Remove it and mash.
2. Pour 2-3 Tbsp of oil into a heated pan, dice the onion and garlic and sauté until slightly golden. Add the meat and sauté for around 5 minutes while stirring. The meat will change color and then add the spices and continue sautéing for two more minutes and remove from the heat.
3. Line a plate with several sheets of paper towel and pour out the meat and leave it to drain for 20-30 minutes.
4. Mix the mashed potato with the meat.
5. Form a kebab and place it above the midline of the tortilla and flatten. Place tomato and onion slices on top and roll up, then transfer to a panini press.
6. Turn on the panini press and bake until the tortilla is golden.
Cut in half and dig in!
Good to know…
You can prepare the filling in advance.