Best Brownies Recipe
This is one of my very first recipes and it will always hold a special place in my heart because it has been with me since the very beginning of my food blogging journey. Even though a long time has passed since then, this recipe remains one of my best brownie recipes. They’re moist and have a rich chocolate flavor with hints of white chocolate. They freeze wonderfully so you always have something to serve unexpected guests that pop by. A reel keeper for your brownie recipe arsenal.
20 x 30 cm pan
300 grams bittersweet chocolate
180 grams butter
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
100 grams white chocolate
1. Break up the chocolate into squares and place in a microwave safe bowl together with the butter. Microwave until melted and mix until well combined. Add the sugar and mix. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing rapidly after each egg.
2. Add the flour and mix until combined, the batter may be a bit stiff but that’s OK.
3. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Grate the white chocolate with the large holes of a box grater and add to the batter, then mix.
5. Transfer evenly to a baking dish and bake for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs.
6. Cool for a few hours and cut into squares.
Fantastic! Amazing moist and chocolaty brownies.
Good to know…
Freezer-friendly. You can substitute the butter with 3/4 cup oil, and you can substitute the white chocolate with 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. These can be kept for several days in the fridge.