Boneless skinless chicken thigh with vegetables
I’m not lazy but I can’t help but love a dish that has both a main course and side dish in one.
I love seeing my kids enjoying this meal. It makes a wonderful and easy lunch or supper.
500 grams boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cups Israeli couscous / pearl couscous
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1/2 tsp chicken spice
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
1. Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces and place in a bowl. Add the spices and olive oil and mix well. Let stand for around half an hour.
2. Dice the vegetables. Pour two Tbsp of oil into a pan and sauté the peppers for around two minutes, then add the onion and sauté for another five minutes while stirring, then add the chili.
3. In a separate pan on high heat, sauté the chicken thighs with three Tbsp of oil, stirring occasionally until the chicken is golden, around 7-8 minutes.
4. Add the chicken to the vegetables and sauté for around two minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. To make the Israeli couscous: Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a small pot and add the couscous and stir. Add 3 cups of hot water, bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cover and cool for five minutes. Leave covered for 5 more minutes.
*6. Add to the chicken, mix, and serve.
Good to know…
You can substitute the chicken thighs with chicken breast, and the Israeli couscous with rice or bulgur wheat. You can prepare this a day before. Don’t like peppers? Substitute with carrots.