Brownies for passover
There’s no doubt that the most popular Passover recipe on my site is these brownies. These are a huge hit during Passover. Thousands of my readers make them!
This is a super simple recipe, everything goes in one bowl, no extra dishes or mess and you don’t even need to use a mixer, which is an added bonus.
It takes 10 minutes to prepare and into the oven they go. A great recipe for tasty, moist, chocolaty brownies.
20 x 30 cm baking pan
200 grams bittersweet chocolate
120 ml oil (1/2 cup)
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
4 large eggs
3/4 cup ground nuts / kosher for Passover self-raising flour
1/4 cup matzah flour
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Break up the chocolate into squares and place in a microwave safe bowl together with the oil. Microwave until melted and mix until well combined.
3. Patiently add the eggs, one after the other, and mix well after each egg before adding the next one. Then add the sugar, nuts, and at the end, the matzah flour.
4. Pour the batter evenly into a greased pan.
5. Bake for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs.
6. Cool for a few hours in the fridge and cut into squares.
Good to know…
I give a few preparation options according to the flours available during Passover
3/4 cup matzah flour + 1/4 cup ground nuts
3/4 cup ground nuts + 1/4 cup potato flour
You can make these year-round with 1 cup of regular flour or 1/2 cup flour + 3/4 cup ground nuts.
You can make these a few days in advance and keep in the fridge. You can also freeze them. If you want to really taste the nuts in the brownies then coarsely grind them as opposed to finely grind them. The muflettas are in the background of these brownies