Bulgur Veggie Stir Fry Recipe
One of the things that I really like to make is bulgur. It’s tasty, easy to prepare and ready in 15 minutes, and a bonus is that it’s healthy. Who am I to miss an opportunity to feed my kids some healthy food?
Bulgur is even better when you add vegetables! Here I added some veggies for added color and crunch, and to make it more interesting.
The result was a fantastic bulgur and veggie dish that tasted great and was fun to eat.
Makes 5 servings
2 cups of coarse bulgur wheat
4 cups tap water
3 large peppers
2 large carrots
2 cloves of garlic
10 champignon mushrooms
1 heaped Tbsp honey
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
1. To prepare the bulgur: Put 2 Tbsp of oil in a hot pot and add the bulgur. Mix and add the water and 1 tsp salt.
2. Bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat. Cook for 15 minutes and leave covered for an additional 15 minutes.
3. Cut the pepper and the carrot into short matchsticks, halve and slice the onion, finely chop the garlic, and slice the mushrooms.
4. Put 5 Tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the carrots and peppers, stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic for a minute, then the mushrooms and continue stir-frying for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Add the honey and soy and seasoning.
*6. Add the bulgur to the veggies, stir for a minute and remove from the heat.
Good to know…
You can make this a day beforehand.