Butter and coconut cookies
This is one of the very first recipes I ever made. It’s hard to believe how many years have passed since then and I still make them. I love the combination of coconut and butter in these cookies. The coconut flavor is really subtle and the butter adds its unique crumbly texture. These are perfect with a cup of coffee.
An easy and tasty recipe, spoil your family with these cookies, they will thank you for it.
Makes approx. 60 cookies depending on the size
280 grams flour (2 cups)
170 grams ground coconut (2 cups)
200 grams butter
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
1. Before you start, read this first. Cut the butter into small cubes and place in a mixer and add the other ingredients.
2. Mix everything together until you get a coarse crumb consistency, then stop the mixer and collect into a ball.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, divide the dough into two, and roll each part out, then cut out shapes.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
5. Arrange the cookies on the baking tray, bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden on the bottom and pale on top.
Good to know…
You should read this before you start. The cookies come out soft from the oven and harden while they cool. Don’t let them bake too long to the point where they come out hard. You can substitute the powdered sugar for one cup of regular sugar. These keep in a closed container for 4-5 days.