Cannelloni Stuffed with Meat and Spinach
What does one make of minced meat ? Meat-balls? Spaghetti Bolognese? Sometimes I lose my way with all these recipes. I have minced meat and don’t know what to do… But then I remember that I have Cannelloni. Minced meat and Pasta go very well together and when they are covered by tomato sauce, they are devoured!
200 gr. Turkey meat
200 gr. Beef
1 small grated sweet potato
300 gr. spinach
1 bit Cinnamon
1 chopped onion
Diced black pepper
1. Brew the spinach in boiling water for 10 minutes, filter, squeeze and chop.
- 2. Fry the onion until it becomes yellow, add the meat and fry until it changes color, add the sweet potato and fry until the liquids are absorbed and add the spinach, season and let cool.
- 3. Poach the tomatoes and peel, fry the onion, cut up the tomatoes and add to the pan, add garlic, honey, tomato puree, spices, water, lower fire and cook for 15 minutes while mixing occasionally.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C
5. Put the filling into pastry bag and fill-up the Cannelloni
6. Cover bottom of pan with 2-3 spoons of sauce, arrange the Cannelloni next to each other and pour all the sauce on top until they are covered.
- 7. Cover with aluminum paper and bake for 45 minutes at 180°C.