I love making brownies. It’s one of our favorite baked goods at home. These brownies are moist and chocolaty and melt in your mouth. Only 6 minutes to prepare and the oven does the rest. The combination of vanilla and coffee tastes great together. All that’s left to do is to make a cup of coffee and enjoy these irresistible brownies!
I recommend cooling them before serving, it improves their flavor.
20 x 30 cm pan
200 grams bittersweet chocolate
100 grams butter
180 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp instant vanilla pudding powder mix
1 tsp instant coffee granules
100 grams flour (3/4 cup)
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Break up the chocolate into squares and place in a bowl. Add the butter and melt together in the microwave. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing rapidly after each egg. Add the sugar and mix, then the instant vanilla pudding powder, the coffee, and finally the flour. Mix until well combined. The batter will be quite thick, and that’s ok.
4. Line a baking pan with greased parchment paper. Transfer the mixture in an even layer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs (important).
5. It’s best to refrigerate for a few hours and then cut into squares.
Good to know…
These can be frozen or kept in the fridge for a few days. Don’t worry about there being a strong coffee flavor if you don’t like coffee. It only adds another dimension of flavor. If you want to make the brownies dairy free, use just under 1/2 cup of oil instead of the butter.
If you don’t have large eggs, add another egg. Don’t skip the cooling stage, it only improves the brownies