Carrot and cinnamon cake
A great cake, only 5 minutes prep time and into the oven it goes. This is a great accompaniment to a nice cup of coffee or tea, delicious and easy to make. It’ll definitely feature regularly in your baked goods recipe repertoire. Spoil your family with this cake. You’ll enjoy every bite.
Round 24 cm baking pan
240 grams light brown sugar (1 cup)
100 grams white sugar (1/2 cup)
280 grams self-raising flour (2 cups)
180 ml cup oil (3/4 cup)
3 Tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1 heaped tsp cinnamon
Around 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Place the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a mixer and beat on high speed for around two minutes until you get a thick froth.
3. Grate the carrot, lower the speed of the mixer, and add the carrot. Beat for a minute and add the oil. Mix until incorporated, then continue mixing and add the maple syrup and the flour and continue until everything is well combined.
4. Grease the pan or line it with parchment paper, pour the batter in an even layer.
5. Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes or until the cake is set and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*6. When the cake comes out of the oven, generously drizzle the maple syrup evenly over the top of the cake.
Good to know…
Other than the eggs and the oil, this cake doesn’t have any wet ingredients. It’s a great dairy free cake to make, and if you don’t have any brown sugar, you can leave it out and replace it with the same amount of plain white sugar.