Marbled chocolate cheesecake brownies
I really love the combination of chocolate and cheese in these brownies. You get two delicious flavors in one bite. So what are these all about? A layer of moist rich brownies where the chocolate is really dominant, over a layer of indulgent cheesecake. And I added a few swirls of chocolate in the cheese layer for the added flavor and look.
Medium sized 20 cm x 30 cm baking pan
150 grams bittersweet chocolate
150 grams butter
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
140 grams flour (1 cup)
250 grams 9% white cheese / Greek yogurt / sour cream
2 Tbsp cornstarch
40 g sugar (2 Tbsp)
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Break up the chocolate into squares and put in a microwave safe bowl together with the butter. Microwave on high until the chocolate and butter are melted. Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix rapidly with a spoon. Add the vanilla extract and the flour and mix until incorporated. Set the bowl aside.
4. To prepare the cheese: Using a spoon, mix the cheese, cornstarch, egg, and sugar until well combined.
5. Now comes the fun part. Grease the pan or line it with parchment paper, whatever’s easiest, and pour the chocolaty batter in an even layer. Now pour in the cheesecake layer and use a knife to create a marbled swirly effect with both layers. Don’t over mix.
6. Put it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cake has set.
*7. Cool in the fridge for several hours and cut into squares.
This cake is so addictive, it’s one of the best cakes I’ve made.
A sweet tip – make it and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours (I know, it’s hard) and then dig in. You won’t regret the wait.