Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
The cookie jar was empty, and it was time to fill it up again. This is a classic chocolate chip cookies recipe but I tweaked the recipe with peanut butter chips, which go really well with the chocolate chips.
Makes 40 cookies
150 grams butter
220 grams sugar (1 cup + 1 Tbsp)
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
280 grams flour (2 cups)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
2-3 Tbsp white chocolate chips
1. Take the butter out of the fridge around 15 minutes before you start making the cookies.
2. Place the butter in the bowl of a mixer and add the sugar. Beat on medium speed for around two minutes, then add the egg and continue beating until incorporated. Add the baking soda, and finally the flour.
3. Add the peanut butter chips while leaving 2-3 Tbsp aside, and mix until incorporated.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
5. Form balls and arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, with sufficient space in between to allow them to spread out during baking, and bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies should still be soft in the middle with somewhat crisp edges.
6. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, stick 3-4 peanut butter chips and chocolate chips in each cookie. You’ll need to work quickly before they cool and set. You can skip this step and add everything to the cookie batter. Let cool.
Good to know…
You can put a total of 3/4 cup chocolate chips in the recipe and leave out the peanut butter chips. The cookies keep for 3-4 days in a closed container.