Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These are probably my favorite cookies. In fact, I love making anything with oatmeal, it gives these cookies a great flavor and texture, and if I haven’t mentioned yet, they are addictive! Be warned, once you start, it’ll be hard to stop.
175 grams butter that have been left at room temperature for around 15 minutes
150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup light brown demerara sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
In a separate bowl mix together:
1 + 1/4 cups flour
2 cups whole oats
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown chocolate chips
1. Using a paddle attachment on the mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until well combined, around two minutes.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla sugar.
3. Remember the bowl with the dry ingredients? While mixing on low speed, add the dry ingredients until everything is well combined.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
5. Two options: Wet your hands and form small balls or use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to place small piles of cookies dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
*6. Bake uncovered for around 11 minutes. Let cool.