Chocolate cookies with sprinkles
I’m in love with these cookies, they come out beautifully! Flower cookies are so much fun to make, what’s not to like about butter cookies with chocolate?
So I added all the sprinkles I had in my pantry. Why not, right? Look how beautiful. The cookies are easy, tasty, and everyone loves them!
Makes approx. 25-30 cookies
200 grams cold butter
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
270 grams flour (2 cups minus 1 Tbsp)
A few drops of water if necessary
1. Cut the butter into small cubes and transfer to the bowl of a mixer. Add the other ingredients and mix with the hook attachment until you get a coarse crumb consistency. Stop the mixer and gather the dough into a ball.
2. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
3. Roll out the dough and cut out shapes. For half of the shapes, cut out a small hole in the middle and arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. The cookies are still soft when they come out of the oven. Let cool and don’t touch yet!
5. Take a 1/3 tsp of chocolate spread and spread over the solid cookies, then place a cookie with a hole on top and press down lightly. Scatter some sprinkles over the chocolate.
Good to know…
You should read this before you start. Oil doesn’t work here. Use butter flavored margarine for a non-dairy version. The cookies keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container.