Coffee cookies recipe
These cookies are incredible. I’ve been making them fairly often lately.
I try not to let my sweet tooth get the better of me but it’s hard to resist these cookies. If your family is anything like mine, you’ll find an empty cookie jar in no time, so feel free to double the recipe!
I know it seems like the recipe makes a lot of cookies but they’re so irresistible,they’ll be gone in no time.
Makes 70 cookies
200 grams butter
230 grams sugar (1 cup + 2 level Tbsp)
360 grams flour (2.5 cups + 1 Tbsp)
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp chocolate drink mix powder
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp cocoa powder
1. Take the butter out of the fridge around 30 minutes before you start making the cookies. It needs to soften slightly.
2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and using a paddle attachment, cream together for around two minutes on high speed. Add the eggs one at a time and mix for a few seconds, then add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well combined into a dough.
3. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
4. Here are two options for making the cookies:
First option: With moist hands, form small (12 gram) balls and arrange them in 4 rows on a baking tray, leaving enough space in between the balls.
Second option: Fill a piping bag and pipe small mounds, approx. 4 cm in diameter, with spaces in between them. You don’t need to flatten them or do anything other than place as is to bake.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
Good to know…
The cookies flatten as they bake. Bake them until their edges go golden and then remove from the oven. They’ll still be soft but harden as they cool. Don’t overbake them to the point of them hardening in the oven. Store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days.
Even if you aren’t a coffee fan, don’t leave out the instant coffee, it lends a wonderful and unique flavor to the cookies. If making non-dairy, substitute the butter for the same amount of butter-flavored margarine. You’ll love this cookies – they’re delicious and easy to make.