Crustless Zucchini Quiche
This is a great crustless zucchini quiche that is also non-dairy. You can serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’re going to love it! I like to cut it into small pieces and place it on the table, and watch the little pieces just disappear. Then I go an make another one 😉
20 cm round baking tin / small to medium Bundt pan
4 large zucchini
4 Tbsp oil, plus more for frying
100 grams flour (3/4 cup)
1 tsp baking powder
Ground black pepper
Heaped tsp salt
A small amount of breadcrumbs
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat a pan and add two Tbsp oil. Chop the onion and sauté on medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, coarsely grate the zucchini. You don’t need to peel them just give them a good wash.
4. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, including the sautéed onion, and mix until well combined.
5. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the bottom of the pan and pour in the batter. Shake the pan around a bit.
6. Bake for around 45 minutes or until the casserole has set and is golden.
Good to know…
I used to sauté the zucchini along with the onion but now I mix it in raw. If you prefer to sauté it first, go ahead.
The quiche is dairy-free but it’s great served with a dairy meal. If you want to make it dairy, add a cup of grated yellow cheese, and around half a cup of mild feta. In which case, reduce the amount of salt you add.
Don’t wait with the batter. Bake it straight away. It keeps well in the fridge once baked, and is also freezer-friendly.
You can use any type summer squash as well.