Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
Literally 5 minutes of prep time and into the oven it goes. It’s hard to believe that so little work goes into this incredibly chocolaty cake. Rich, moist, and so delicious. You have to give it a try!
Round 22 cm pan
250 grams sugar (1 /1/4 cups)
120 ml oil (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chocolate drink mix powder (like Nesquik)
1 heaped Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 grams ground coconut (1 cup)
140 grams self-raising flour (1 cup)
Additional chocolate cream:
120 ml whipping cream (1/2 cup)
100 grams bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat an oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Beat the eggs and suger together with a fork for a few seconds, add the wet ingredients and continue mixing until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix.
3. Grease the pan and pour in the batter (it’s runny).
4. Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Making it in a mixer:
1. Place the eggs and sugar in a mixer and beat on low for several seconds. Add the wet ingredients, still on low speed, and then add the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
2. When the cake is warm, apply an even layer of the chocolate spread. If you prefer a different chocolate topping instead of the chocolate spread, make the following.
To to prepare the chocolate cream:
*3. Break the chocolate into squares and place in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat the cream to almost boiling and pour over the chocolate. Mix until well combined and pour over the cake when it comes out of the oven.