These are perfect tahini cookies, even if you’re not a huge fan of tahini. This is one of the easiest cookie recipes out there. Just mix all the ingredients together, form balls and into the oven they go!
In no time and with minimal effort you’ll have these delicious treats to eat with your coffee or tea. An easy recipe that will please a crowd. Beware of getting addicted!
Makes 50 cookies
100 grams butter
180 grams sugar (1 cup minus 1 Tbsp)
40 ml olive oil (4 Tbsp)
130 grams raw tahini (1/2 cup)
250 grams flour (2 cups minus 3 Tbsp)
1+3/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Take the butter out of the fridge around 15 minutes before you start making the cookies.
3. In the bowl of a mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar for around two minutes, then add the olive oil and mix for another minute, then add the tahini and mix for a few more seconds, followed by the flour and baking powder.
4. Form 12-gram balls and arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Flatten the balls.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until cracks form in the cookies and the bottoms go golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.