Easy baked tuna patties
A quick and easy recipe for tasty juicy tuna patties that your family will love.
You don’t even need to fry these. I added some veggies in the patties to enrich their nutritional value. These are easy to make with ingredients that almost everyone always has on hand.
A winning recipe for a meat-free meal.
Makes 22 patties
2 cans of tuna
(each can is 160 grams)
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 full Tbsp honey
1 heaped Tbsp ketchup
70 grams flour (1/2 cup)
3 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp salt
1. Open the cans of tuna and drain the water or oil.
2. Dice the onion. Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion. Sauté until it starts to get golden. Chop the garlic and add to the onion to sauté.
3. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
4. Transfer the onion to a bowl, peel the vegetables and grate on the large holes of a box grater, then transfer to the bowl. Crumble the tuna into the bowl and add the egg, flour, honey, ketchup, parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
5. To bake: Form the patties. Line a tray with greased parchment paper and place the patties on the paper, flattening slightly. Bake on one side for around 25 minutes or until golden. Flip and bake on the other side for another 15-20 minutes.
6. To fry: Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the patties until golden. Flatten slightly after placing in the pan. Flip and fry the other side until golden as well. Remove and let drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Good to know…
You can eat these hot or at room temperature. You can add them to a sauce but you have to fry or bake beforehand. Great for picnics, you can eat them inside a pita with some veggies. In the photos, some are fried and some are baked. You don’t need to drain liquids, just make regular patties right away. Don’t wait too long with the mixture or it’ll go soggy. You can use tuna packed in water or tuna packed in oil.