Easy chocolate pie recipe
I decided to make things easy for myself and made this pie without working too hard. The result was incredible! Nice and chocolatey with a tasty pie crust.
I promise you won’t have to work hard for this pie and you’ll be surprised at how addictive it is.
A 24 cm pie dish
200 grams flour (1.5 cups minus 1 Tbsp)
150 grams cold butter
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
For the chocolate layer:
3 medium eggs
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
120 ml oil (1/2 cup)
100 grams bittersweet chocolate
100 grams milk chocolate
80 grams flour (1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp)
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Cut the butter into cubes and place in the bowl of a mixer. Add the sugar, flour and egg and mix until you get a coarse crumb consistency. Stop the mixer and gather the dough into a ball.
3. Grease the pie dish and flatten out the dough from the center of the dish. Use your hands to evenly press the dough over the entire dish. Don’t worry about the sides, the pie crust will come up about a third of the height of the dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. The crust will go golden but still be soft. Remove from the oven.
5. Break the chocolate into squares and melt in the microwave along with the oil. Mix until you get a smooth consistency with no lumps, add the sugar and mix, then add the flour and mix until well combined. The batter will be a bit stiff.
6. Evenly pour the chocolate batter over the pie crust and bake for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs. It’s best to cook before cutting.
Good to know…
You can substitute dark or bittersweet chocolate for milk chocolate. You can use 2 XL eggs instead of 3 M eggs. Freezer-friendly.