Focaccia Sticks Recipe
A wonderful trick for making focaccia in the panini press. It only takes 2 minutes and you won’t believe how tasty it comes out. A great solution for a quick recipe that produces soft golden bread with hints of olive oil and sea salt.
I love eating fresh focaccia with dried tomatoes and chopped chives, it’s simply heaven.
The only problem with this recipe is that it only makes 6 focaccias, not more!
Makes 6 pieces
300 grams flour (2 cups + 2 Tbsp)
1/2 Tbsp dry yeast / 1/3 packet of fresh yeast
1/4 cup canola oil
160 ml warm water (3/4 cup minus 1 Tbsp)
3/4 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-3 Tbsp chopped chives
1. Place the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a mixer, add the oil and water and mix on low speed until you get a soft smooth dough. Grease a bowl and place the dough in it. Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 6 pieces, roll each piece into a ball and let rise for 15-20 minutes.
3. Roll the dough into a 20 cm long oval and then roll it up completely. Let rise 15-20 minutes.
4. Place two rolls of the dough into a panini press with enough space in between and bake until golden.
5. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and add dried tomatoes and chopped chives. You can also add some fresh Mozzarella if you want.
Good to know…
You can eat it as is, without the tomatoes and basil. Freezer-friendly. Make sure you remove these from the panini press when they’re still soft