Fried veggie fritters
I had such beautiful veggies that they were simply asking to be used in a recipe that celebrates their flavor. And this recipe does just that.
You can switch up the veggies in this fritter recipe for a classic family dinner, add a delicious dip and you’re good to go. These fritters are simply perfect, and as tasty as can be.
Makes 20 fritters
2 medium potatoes
1 large carrot
1 zucchini, with skin on, scrubbed
1 small sweet potato
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1. Cut the potato into three. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the potato until it is soft enough to mash.
2. Dice the onion. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion. Sauté until golden. Chop the garlic and add to the pan. Remove from heat.
3. Grate the remaining veggies and place in a bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix.
4. Form patties and flatten somewhat. Heat a pan with oil and fry on both sides until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
5. If you want to bake, not fry: Preheat an oven to 180°C. Line a tray with parchment paper and place fritters on the paper. Bake for around 25 minutes or until golden. Don’t try and flip the fritters before the time is up. Flip and bake on the other side for 15 minutes or until golden.
Good to know…
You can make these a day before and heat them in the oven before serving. Also great served at room temperature. Perfect for picnics.
Want to make Classic Potato Latkes (Fritters)? Click here. Double the recipe. Trust me, they’re amazing. Want Baked Sweet Potato Latkes (Fritters)? Click here.
The batter cannot be made ahead of time. Work quickly because a lot of water will drain out of the vegetables.