Ground chicken breast casserole
I love this casserole because of how easy and tasty it is. Usually when you think of ground meat you automatically think of meatballs or bolognese but I’m offering something else here. Make this casserole, it’s worth it. There’s a great flavor combo of meat and vegetables, and even the kids eat it.
18 cm oven safe pot
300 grams ground chicken breast
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
Salt (if needed, to taste)
1. Grate the potatoes and the carrot. Heat 3-4 Tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables until softened while stirring, then transfer to a plate.
2. Dice the onion. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion. Sauté until it starts to get golden. Chop the garlic and add to the onion. Then transfer everything to the plate with the vegetables.
3. Add the chicken breast, baking soda, eggs and seasoning and mix well.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
5. Place 3 Tbsp of oil in a small pot. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom, fry for around a minute or more and then transfer to an oven for 30 minutes.
6. Invert onto a serving plate.
Good to know…
You can increase the amount of meat to 1.5 kg of ground chicken breast. You can make this a day beforehand and keep in the fridge.