Healthy Homemade Granola
Get ready to fall in love with this granola, it’s incredible! There’s no way you’ll go back to buying store-bought granola after you make this at home.
Let me just stay that it’s addictive and once you start, it’s hard to stop eating! It’s super easy to prepare. You just mix everything in a large bowl and bake it in the oven.
Makes a lot…
500 grams whole oats (not quick oats)
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 almond slivers
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup cranberries
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp demerara sugar (light brown)
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil
1. Preheat an oven to 150°C.
2. Get a very large bowl and place all the ingredients inside. Add the oil, then use the same cup to fill with the honey and maple syrup and add to the bowl. Then add the cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.
3. Thoroughly mix everything. Use your hands, it’s easier.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and press the granola in an even layer on the tray.
5. Bake for around 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes during baking, to ensure everything cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
*6. Let the granola cool and stir occasionally. Once the granola has cooled, add the raisins and cranberries.
Keep in a jar in the pantry or countertop. Serve with strawberries, fruit, or yogurt.
I also made Marbled chocolate cheesecake brownies.