A festive and indulgent dessert you’d find in a restaurant but that you can easily make at home. You have to try it, it’s truly amazing.
No need to whip anything, no eggs, and even no baking required. Sounds good, right? You just mix everything with a spoon and the result is simply magical! A restaurant-quality dessert. Anyone can make this with relative ease. A wonderful dessert for Rosh Hashana.
Makes 9 portions
375 ml whipping cream (1.5 cups)
240 ml milk (1 cup)
12 grams gelatin (2.5 tsp)
60 ml water (1/4 cup)
40 grams honey (2 Tbsp)
60 grams sugar (3 Tbsp)
70 grams digestive biscuits (14 biscuits)
50 grams butter
1 Tbsp honey / maple syrup / silan
1 level Tbsp sugar
1. Place the gelatin and water in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat a saucepan with the cream and milk and when it starts to warm up, add the sugar and mix until the sugar melts. Add the honey and stir, then remove from the heat.
3. Place the gelatin in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and ensure that everything has dissolved. Add to the cream and stir for a few seconds. Transfer to a container with a spout and fill the cups 3/4 of the way and freeze for an hour.
4. Grind the biscuits in a food processor, melt the butter in the microwave and add the biscuits along with the honey and the sugar, and stir briefly.
5. Place 2 teaspoons of the biscuit mixtures in every cup.
Good to know…
Freezer friendly. If there are leftover biscuit crumbs you can freeze them as well. You can keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. For a non-dairy version, use coconut milk and add 4 Tbsp of oil to the biscuit mixture instead of the butter.
A wonderful recipe that’s so easy to prepare!
This is one of the tastiest individual desserts you can make! These only take 10 minutes to prepare and the result is irresistible.