Lentil and Veggie Patties
An easy, tasty, and even healthy recipe for lentil veggie patties. I used a variety of vegetables because I love their flavor and texture in every bite, and I added lentils because it just takes these to the next level.
You can eat these hot or at room temperature. Make a large batch because before you know it, they’ll be gone, one bite after another.
These are colorful and beautiful, and most importantly – delicious!
A delicious and healthy lunch or supper for the whole family.
Makes 15 patties
1/2 cup green / black lentils
1 clove of garlic
70 grams flour (1/2 cup)
1 tsp salt
1. Soak the lentils for around an hour. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the lentils for around 30 minutes until they soften, then drain.
2. Heat a pan with 2 Tbsp of oil, dice the onion and sauté until it starts to get golden. Chop the garlic and sauté it with the onion briefly, then remove from the heat.
3. Grate the vegetables and add to the onion along with the lentils, egg , flour, salt and pepper.
4. Form patties and dry on both sides until golden.
5. If you prefer to bake them:
Preheat an oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with greased parchment paper and arrange the patties on the paper. Bake one side for around 25 minutes and then the other side for around 10 minutes.
Good to know…
You can make these a day before and heat them in the oven before serving. Also great served at room temperature. Perfect for picnics.
Want to make Classic Potato Latkes (Fritters) Click here. Double the recipe. Trust me, they’re amazing. Want Baked Sweet Potato Latkes (Fritters) Click here.
The batter cannot be made ahead of time. Work quickly because a lot of water will drain out of the vegetables.