Malawach stuffed with meat and potatoes
This is simply delicious and my kids love it. Who knew that something so simple would become such a hit? I never imagined it would be so tasty! Malawach, a bit of meat, some potatoes, and you get a yummy meaty snack.
This was a great, non-routine lunch. Luckily, I made a lot and we enjoyed every bite.
500 grams ground beef
1 clove of garlic
1/3 tsp turmeric
Pinch of cinnamon
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
Salt (if needed, to taste)
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Peel the potato and cook until soft.
2. Dice the onion. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion. Sauté until lightly golden. Slice the garlic and add to the pot. Sauté with the onion for a minute.
3. Add the meat and sauté while stirring. Cook for a few minutes, season and transfer to a bowl. Mash the potato and add to the meat.
4. Defrost the malawach for around 2 minutes, place 2-3 Tbsp of the filling on half a malawach and flatten evenly. Fold the malawach in half and seal the ends so you get a large pocket.
5. Place in a panini press and cook until golden.
Good to know…
Freezer-friendly. You can make this in the oven, just check that the pocket is closed properly so it doesn’t open up while it bakes. Any type of ground beef works here.