Moist chocolate cake recipe
With all due respect to the other chocolate cakes out there, this may be the best one I’ve made yet. Watch the video clip and see how easy it is to make.
Just imagine a moist and delicious chocolate cake, which is surprisingly water based. You won’t believe how good it is!
Once you make it, it’ll become your go-to recipe for chocolate cake, it’s just that good. So go on and save it in your recipe book, you’ll thank me for it later.
4 large eggs
300 grams sugar (1.5 cups)
180 ml oil (3/4 cup)
320 ml water (1+1/3 cup)
4 heaped Tbsp chocolate drink mix powder (like Nesquik)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
280 grams flour (2 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
100 grams bittersweet chocolate
100 ml whipping cream
1. Preheat an oven to 170°C.
2. Add the eggs and sugar to the bowl of a mixer and beat for only a few seconds. Then add the oil, water, cocoa and chocolate drink mix powder, and then finally the flour and mix until well incorporated and there are no more lumps.
3. Transfer to a greased baking tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
4. You can prepare the cake without a mixer, just use a large whisk or spoon until you get a smooth and lump-free batter.
5. To prepare the ganache: Melt the chocolate and cream in the microwave and mix until combined.
Good to know…
This is the recipe and I don’t recommend changing it. If you want to add or change something, there’s a large selection of chocolate cake recipes on the site, just choose the one you want. The batter will be runny and that’s fine. Even if there are small lumps in the cake, it’s fine, it doesn’t affect the flavor. You can make this without the ganache and it’s still amazing.
The cake is wonderful. It’s soft and moist and hard to stop eating.