Moist Chocolate Cake
I know that there are already a lot of chocolate cakes on the site, but here’s another one. This is one of my first chocolate cakes. There was a time when I used to make this a lot, that’s how much I loved it.
The cake is rich and chocolaty, and so moist. You’ll love sinking your teeth into it and it’s really hard to resist. Just imagine the joy of eating it and go make it yourself.
26 cm baking pan
350 grams sugar (1 3/4 cups)
200 grams butter / 200 ml oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1.5 cups water
Pinch of salt
70 grams milk/bittersweet chocolate
375 ml whipping cream (1.5 cups)
300 grams self-raising flour (2 cups + 2 Tbsp)
200 ml whipping cream (a little over 3/4 cup)
200 grams bittersweet chocolate
2 Tbsp chocolate spread
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Place the butter, cup of sugar, cocoa powder, salt, water, and chocolate in a saucepan and mix over low heat until everything is well incorporated. Let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place the eggs and remaining sugar in a mixer and beat together for around 2 minutes. Lower the speed and slowly drizzle in the chocolate mixture. Add the cream and the flour, alternating.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and place in the oven, Bake for around 45 minutes or until the cake has set.
5. Break the chocolate into squares and place in a bowl along with the chocolate spread. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate squares and mix until smooth.
*6. When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the cream in an even layer over the cake.