Moist Maple Cake
What a dreamy cake! Prep time is only 5 minutes and the oven does the rest. This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve made. Are you a fan of moist cakes? Then this is definitely one for you.
If I had a choice of what to snack on with my coffee, then this would be it. Great recipes should be shared. It’s also non-dairy!
A 24 / 26 cm baking pan
3 large eggs / 4 medium eggs
200 grams sugar ( cup)
180 ml oil (3/4 cup)
240 ml brewed tea (1 cup)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
280 grams flour (2 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
1. Brew a cup of tea and set it aside with the teabag for 5 minutes to steep. Remove the teabag and let cool for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
3. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a mixer, starting with the eggs, sugar, tea, and oil, and add the other ingredients, beating on low speed until well combined. The batter will be runny.
*You can blend manually just be sure that the batter is well combined.
4. Transfer to a greased baking tin and bake for around 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. When the cake comes out of the oven, generously drizzle about half a cup of maple syrup evenly over the top of the cake.