Moist non dairy marble cake
I baked a moist, fluffy, and delicious homemade marble cake for the weekend. It really reminds me of the cake my grandmother used to make.
There’s nothing like the cakes that have withstood the test of time and generations, their moistness and flavor can’t be beat.
This cake doesn’t have any dairy ingredients, but it’ll be a prefect accompaniment to a cup of milky coffee or hot chocolate, or just on its own!
Take 10 minutes out of your day and make this cake. An hour later you’ll be thanking me when it’s on your plate, fresh out of the oven and irresistibly delicious.
Just be warned, it’s hard to stop at one slice!
Have you noticed that lately I’ve been making cakes with water? They really are magical…
A 26 cm baking pan
300 grams sugar (1.5 cups)
180 ml oil (3/4 cup)
240 ml water (1 cup)
280 grams flour (2 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Separate the eggs and whip the egg whites and sugar into stiff peaks and fold in the egg yolks until well incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the whipped mixture and mix gently until well combined.
3. Add the flour and mix gently until well combined.
4. Remove a cup of the batter and add the cocoa. Mix until well combined and smooth.
5. Grease the cake pan and pour in a bit of both batters, in turn, playing around with a knife to get a swirl effect. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.