Mushroom lasagna with tomato sauce
There’s nothing like the taste of lasagna, with its combination of pasta, tomatoes, onion and garlic. This is a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for feeding a crowd. The cheeses melt over the delicious sauce, and the mushrooms add their own touch, and there’s also the delicate hint of cream in the sauce.
An especially easy and delicious lasagna that I’m totally addicted to!
This is best prepared the day before.
19 x 29 cm baking pan
Any medium sized baking pan
2 cloves of garlic
20 grams salted butter
2 cups water
6 medium / large tomatoes
15 champignon mushrooms
250 ml low fat cream
150 grams grated cheese
(kashkaval, yellow, mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Score the tops of the tomatoes and drop them in the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes and drain.
2. Finely dice the onion. Heat 3 Tbsp of oil and the butter in a pan and add the onion, sautéing until golden. Chop the garlic and add to the pan.
3. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan for around two minutes, while stirring. Peel the tomatoes and dice finely, then add to the pan. Add the water, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Toward the end, add the cream. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
5. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles in the pan. Spread half of the sauce over the noodles, sprinkle some of the grated cheese, and repeat with a second layer of noodles, sauce, and cheese.
*6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Good to know…
This is best prepared a day or even two days in advance. You can freeze it. You can also leave the cream out, or the butter. You can’t make it dairy free because of the cheeses. Make sure you thoroughly cover the noodles with the sauce.