Non-dairy chocolate rolls
This is a great recipe for when you want to spoil your kids with chocolate rolls, a great afternoon snack with a glass of milk or chocolate milk. I didn’t make my usual roulade because it contains butter and I wanted to make one with oil.
These are easy to make and taste amazing. Wonderful cookies that are hard to stop eating!
Makes around 30 cookies
400 grams flour (3 cups minus 2 Tbsp)
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp vinegar
120 ml oil (1/2 cup)
100 ml water (1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp)
1. Place all the ingredients in a mixer and operate on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until you get a dough.
2. Divide the dough in two and roll each part into a large 24 cm x 24 cm square. Spread a layer of chocolate over the dough and roll it up.
3. Mark the dough at 3 cm intervals and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat an oven to 180°C. Bake the roulades for around 30 minutes or until the bottom goes golden.
5. Refrigerate and sprinkle with icing sugar, and slice along the pre-marked lines.
6. Other preparation options:
Refrigerate the roll for an hour and slice. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the bottom turns golden.