Oven Baked Coffee Chicken
There’s nothing like roasted chicken. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and the oven does the rest! And it fills the kitchen with the most amazing flavors. The chicken gets a beautiful color and the result is a perfect main course that you didn’t have to slave over.
Makes 5 servings
4 chicken legs + 4 chicken thighs / 1 kg of chicken wings
5-6 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
Salt (if needed, to taste)
1 Tbsp honey
1 spoon honey
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, and spices, including the instant coffee granules to season the chicken and marinade for around an hour.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into wedges. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 7 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking dish and place the chicken on top. Drizzle with honey.
- Put in the oven and bake for around an hour.
Served with basmati rice, baked whole cauliflower, and vegetable casserole
Good to know…
I’m giving another preparation option that will save you dishes. Preheat an oven to 220°C. Arrange the potato wedges in the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden. Place the chicken on top and continue according to the recipe. You may want to dissolve the coffee granules in a bit of hot water first. Here’s chicken in coffee with a lot of amazing sauce.