Passover Pizza Dough
Is pizza even possible on Passover? I’m not talking about matzah pizza, but about proper pizza dough with all the tasty toppings, and not even a speck of matzah flour.
Imagine how happy I made the kids! So yes, you can make real pizza on Passover and top it with whatever you like.
Makes a large, 32 cm diameter
300 grams kosher for Passover self-raising flour (1.5 bags)
200 grams 5% soft white cheese (5 Tbsp)
80 ml water (1/3 cup)
3 Tbsp oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 heaped tsp salt
1. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and use a paddle attachment to process into a soft and non-uniform dough. It looks like lumps of dough. Stop the mixer, gather the dough, give it a quick knead and gather into a ball.
2. Roll out the dough into a large circle, preferably on parchment paper, it’ll make your life easier. Lightly dust the baking tray with flour and place the dough on top. Stretch it a bit so it fills up the tray and cut away any leftovers.
3. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
4. Spread with tomato sauce / ketchup, sprinkle with grated cheese of choice and toppings of choice.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden.
Good to know…
I don’t know how this will work with other flours. You can’t make this without the self-raising flour.