Perfect Pizza Rolls
Soft golden rolls that are absolutely irresistible! Make this for you and your kids, it’s a great treat.
Makes 30 rolls
1 kg regular flour
50 grams fresh yeast / 2 Tbsp dry yeast
80 g sugar (4 Tbsp)
1+ 1/3 Tbsp salt
160 ml oil (3/4 cup minus 1 Tbsp)
460 ml lukewarm water (2 cups minus 1 Tbsp)
Grated mozzarella cheese (or any hard cheese of choice)
1. Place the flour and yeast in the bowl of a mixer. Add the sugar, salt, oil, and lukewarm water.
2. Mix on low speed and knead into a soft smooth dough.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise 1.5-2 hours or until doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into 30 pieces. Roll each piece into a 10 x 18 cm rectangle.
5. Spread ketchup and sprinkle the grated cheese. Roll up and let rise for 10-15 minutes.
6. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
7. Take a roll and pull it to around 23 cm, or as much as possible. Roll into a spiral and place on the tray, leaving space in between each spiral. They puff out as they bake!
8. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
*9. Let rise for around 15 minutes, brush with the egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are nice and golden.
These are amazing!