Do you know this tasty type of rice? The one with the potato decorations which are almost brown on top and people fight who should have them? This is the kind of rice that grandmothers used to prepare, which is worth every minute you invest into it. The tastiest in the world!
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat, Add the Rice and Stir-Fry for 1 Minutes.
2. Add the water and the salt, stir a bit, bring to boil and then lower the fire to the minimum and cover. Cook for 9 minutes and leave covered for 10 more at least.
3. Chop the onion and fry for 2 – 3 minutes or until golden and keep on the side.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pot, cover the bottom of the pot with potato, slices season with salt and pepper and fry until they become golden brown, no need to overturn them, add the fried onion and put the rice on top, tightened all around.
4. Add 3/4 cup of water, cover with a wet kitchen towel, put on the cover and cook for 30 minutes on low fire. Then let it rest for another half hour.