Rice with cauliflower
I’ve recently been having a love affair with basmati rice, to the point where my kids even know the difference in taste between basmati and other types of rice.
I’ve added beloved cauliflower to the rice, a few hints of sweet chili, and the resultwas incredible! A great flavor and texture and a wonderful side dish to any meal (think about Rosh Hashana).
I know it’s only food but I still get really excited when I make somethinggreat.
Makes 5 servings
1 medium cauliflower
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups water
3-4 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tsp salt
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, break up the cauliflower into florets and add to the pot. Cook for around 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
3. Chop the cauliflower into smaller florets and arrange on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and salt.
4. Bake for around 40 minutes or until golden.
5. Place the rice in a bowl and cover with water, let soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
6. Place 3 Tbsp of oil in a hot pan and add the rice, giving it a stir. Add the water and seasoning, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat. Cook for 20 minutes and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
7. Transfer the rice to a bowl and add the cauliflower and the chili and mix together. Transfer to a serving plate.