If I had to choose my top 5 recipes to make, this cauliflower recipe would definitely be one of them.
You hardly need any ingredients and it requires almost zero effort. The flavor and texture are amazing, and because there’s not a lot of oil you can really eat as much as you want.
Whenever I find nice looking cauliflower at a good price I’ll buy two and roast them. Only 5 minutes to prep and you’ve got a wonderful side dish or snack.
I don’t even bother with recipes that have a long list of ingredients because all you need is some good cauliflower and pantry staples. I always get compliments when I serve this and no one can believe how simple it is to make. Try it, I promise you’ll love it.
1 large cauliflower
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
Ground black pepper
1 Tbsp vinegar
1. Break up the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
2. Preheat an oven to 190-200°C around 10 minutes before.
3. Bring a pot of water to the boil with 1 tsp salt and the vinegar. Cook the cauliflower florets for 5-6 minutes in the boiling water and drain.
4. Arrange the cauliflower florets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for around 40 minutes or until nice and golden.
Good to know…
The cauliflower is excellent, it’s one of the best ways to prepare cauliflower and is great if you’re watching your weight. You can make this a day or two in advance, and also serve it at room temperature. You can substitute broccoli for the cauliflower.
It’s important not to overcook the cauliflower in the boiling water, it should still be a bit crunchy. If you’ve overcooked the cauliflower anyway, you can make cauliflower fritters.