Simple vanilla cookies
This is one of the very first cookie recipes I prepared. I remember being amazed by how delicious the cookies came out. I couldn’t get enough of the vanilla flavor and I’d make these all the time.
These are simple cookies, nothing complicated about them. They’re easy to make but deliver big on flavor. The aroma is amazing! I love it when the kitchen fills with baking smells, it brings all the kids out of their rooms to see what’s in the oven.
These are great on their own or served with a cup of tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.
Makes 50 – 60 cookies
200 grams butter
200 grams sugar (1 cup)
2 tsp vanilla extract
250 grams flour (2 cups minus 3 Tbsp)
1. Take the butter out of the fridge around 10 minutes before you start making the cookies.
2. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
3. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and cream together with the paddle attachment for around one minute. Add the other ingredients and process into a dough.
4. Form 12 gram balls and arrange on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until the bottom of the cookies are golden. Let cool.
5. The cookies keep in a closed container for 3-4 days.