White chocolate crumb cheesecake
A sweet cheese filling and golden crumbs in every bite. A classic blend of flavors with the great addition of white chocolate. Delicious and addictive!
For the crust:
200 grams cold butter
200 grams flour (1.5 cups minus 1 Tbsp)
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
2 egg yolks
For the white chocolate and cheese filling:
200 grams full fat (30%) cream cheese
500 grams 9% soft white cheese
150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
500 ml whipping cream
150 grams white chocolate
14 grams gelatin
60 ml milk (1/4 cup)
1. Cut the butter into cubes, add the other ingredients and mix until you get a coarse crumb consistency. Stop the mixer and gather the dough into a ball. Refrigerate for half an hour.
2. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
3. Divide the dough into two parts – 1/4 (for the crumb topping) and 3/4 (for the crust). Take the larger portion and flatten on the bottom of a 24 cm baking pan, and flatten the smaller portion in a small pan.
4. Bake for around 20 minutes or until nice and golden. The small pan should be ready first. Let cool.
5. To prepare the gelatin: Place the gelatin in a bowl and add the milk. Wait 10 minutes and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Mix the cheeses and sugar, wait a minute or two for the gelatin to cool, and add it to the cheeses.
6. Break up the chocolate into squares and add the milk. Melt in the microwave and mix until well combined. Add to the cheese mixture.
7. Place the cream in the bowl of a mixer and whip into a stable cream and fold it into the cheese mixture.
8. Pour the cheese mousse evenly over the crust.
9. Crumble the remaining crust and sprinkle over the cake. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Good to know…
You can make this cake about a week in advance and freeze until the day you want to serve it. Place it in the fridge 4 hours before serving.